Project Runway Season 5

REally? I hope that's not the case. I want to see cutie Jerrell there with Leanne and Korto

Honestly, I don't mind Kenley at all.
I understand that she might've felt that Leanne was trying to sabotage her outfit. Yes, even though the outfit should've sold itself.. I'm just saying that I understand why she'd be pissed off.

And am I the only one that thought her previous outfit WAS (sorta) hip hop?
mya.jpg

mary-j-blige-u23.jpg

2437797053_020e78190d.jpg

nybloger, madnews, flickr

Yes, her personality is sarcastic and she gets really defensive, but it's respectable. I mean she obviously has taste in fashion and she has her own views when it comes to HER designs. And like she said on yesterday's show... it's how she grew up and it's just her personality.

She probably got farther in the show than most of you would.

And what is all this high school nonsense going on in this show?

Towards the end of the show.. Korto was the one that really got on my nerves. What kind of sadistic maniac tells off a person who's just been grinded 3 times over?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Project Runway, especially Tim Gunn. As I always say, "Tim Gunn for President!".

But I too have grown to dislike it more and more as each season goes by. Season 2 will always be my ultimate favorite.. Santino and Andrae and Nick and Daniel V, I loved it more than anything else.

This season especially has really disappointed me. I haven't fallen in love with ANY of the designers like I have in previous seasons. I liked Kelli, but she went home. I liked Joe, but he went home. Now, I hate Kenley with a passion, and LeeAnn is obnoxious.

I actually like Korto and Jerell just fine, though. I hope they bring it for Fashion Week, or I'll be terribly disappointed. And hopefully Kenley or LeeAnn won't compete.

^^Leanne and Kenley both showed at Fashion Week.

Menace said:
There's no justification for this statement as you cant argue that people viewing/subscribing/replying to this thread arent going to get as far as Kenley because you dont know. Simply put.

There's no justification for this statement as you cant argue that people viewing/subscribing/replying to this thread arent going to get as far as Kenley because you dont know. Simply put.
That's why I said "most" ..not "all"

Sorry if that statement threatened your ability in fashion(?) Lol.

Season 2 was my fav as well. Loved Andre and Santino

How would Leanne try to sabotage her outfit? All she had to do was wear it and walk down the runway. I actually did think it was a little hip hop, but a little messy/tacky.
Menace, I have to disagree when you say her attitude is respectable when she gets defensive and sarcastic b/c she shows no respect imo. All the eye rolling is childish. I respect that she has her own views in her designs and I like that about her (I was actually rooting for her in the first few eps). I'm all for confidence, but a little humility couldn't hurt. She said in the last episodes that she doesn't like any of the other designers' work and she doesn't have to just as others don't have to like her work either. And when they don't, you just accept it and keep doing what you love.

All the dresses this episode pretty much blew. If I had to pick a winner, I'd say Leanne...but even hers was pretty discount prom queen looking (plus I just don't like that color).

But wow, Georgina Chapman is incredibly beautiful. Too bad her designs for Marchesa aren't as pretty as she is.

I'll agree with the people who are saying Kenleys outfit was kinda hip hop. Maybe if instead she could've made the jacket a metallic gold and didn't make the pants so high, perhaps make them out of leather with some high top sneakers? I don't know, her fabric choices were her downfall.

Honestly, I don't mind Kenley at all.
I understand that she might've felt that Leanne was trying to sabotage her outfit. Yes, even though the outfit should've sold itself.. I'm just saying that I understand why she'd be pissed off.

And am I the only one that thought her previous outfit WAS (sorta) hip hop?

nybloger, madnews, flickr

Yes, her personality is sarcastic and she gets really defensive, but it's respectable. I mean she obviously has taste in fashion and she has her own views when it comes to HER designs. And like she said on yesterday's show... it's how she grew up and it's just her personality.

And what is all this high school nonsense going on in this show?

Towards the end of the show.. Korto was the one that really got on my nerves. What kind of sadistic maniac tells off a person who's just been grinded 3 times over?
Someone who's had enough of someone else's b.s.? I would have, and I'm sure a lot of other people would too.

Kenley didn't get stabbed in the back by the designers, the other 3 designers were just honest in how they felt about her designs and her personality. That's what happens and she needs to grow up and realize that nobody is obligated to like her work or tolerate her personality.

As far as her getting farther than most, chances are she got so far because the producers saw good tv in her, not because the judges saw so much talent on her part.

I never said Kenley got stabbed in the back by the other 3 designers.

B.S.? What B.S.? Yes, of course no one is obligated to like her work, but she is absolutely allowed to defend her work if she wants to.

And as for your "producers" statement... there's no justification for that as you can't know what the producers thought or what they "saw" in her.
And even if what you said was true... she only became "good tv" after.. the top 5 or 6.

^^Seriously she is stunning, and i cant stand Kenley and her attitude, she is so disrespectful to anyone that has any critique to offer about her work.I cant belive she had the nerve to insult Heidi like that in the last show, it was sooo high school and shows how insecure she is!

I never said Kenley got stabbed in the back by the other 3 designers.

B.S.? What B.S.? Yes, of course no one is obligated to like her work, but she is absolutely allowed to defend her work if she wants to.

And as for your "producers" statement... there's no justification for that as you can't know what the producers thought or what they "saw" in her.
And even if what you said was true... she only became "good tv" after.. the top 5 or 6.
Her B.S. of constantly answering people back or constantly laughing when someone else is being critiqued by the judges, and then playing the victim role when it's finally revealed that the other 3 designers can't stand her or her work.

She can defend her work all she wants, any good designer should, but if all the other designers managed to do so in an appropriate and mature manner then why can't she? She copped a tude and got all snarky when the judges criticized her and when Tim tried to help her. People get sick of that kind of immature behavior. I mean, if so many people in this thread are sick of it, imagine how the designers who had to interact with her felt.

As for the my producers statement, I don't need to justify it, it's not like it's some conspiracy theory with no basis in reality, nor am I claiming it as a fact. I believe that the producers saw early on, around episode 3 when she started talking trash about peoples' garments in her interviews, that she would be entertaining and she proved them right.

kennley..er whatev

can anyone help me out and post a side by side of kenleys wedding dress and the mcqueen dress the judges were referring to... :innocent: ... if anyone knows thatd be cool...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->