Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
fashionjunkie^ said:
I love it. I will be there.. waiting till H&M open his doors on 11th november! haha.. and I think a lot others with me..:cry:
I wonder how many people will be at the NYC store? My friends are already telling me that all the various design office people are calling out that day just to wait in line. I feel like it will be pandamonium! Hope no one gets hurt.

WORD UP: H&M and Stella McCartney remain tight-lipped about plans for promoting the forthcoming H&M by Stella McCartney collection. Last month, H&M scuttled a print and television campaign featuring Kate Moss because of the company's "clear dissociation of drugs" and said it would replace the campaign "in some way." But according to sources, several options are being considered for the Nov. 10 launch, including a logo-driven campaign and a replacement model: the popular and vivacious model Mariacarla Boscono. Asked about the rumblings on Wednesday, Boscono declined all comment.

from wwd

http://www.wwd.com/issue/article/101801

I hope this whole campaign mess isn't going to overshadow what is looking to be a really nice collection by Stella.

lostinemotion said:
! Hope no one gets hurt.

You had me laughing about that one. :lol:

Wow, is her collection for H&M really all that? From what I seen so far, it doesn't look like its worth camping out at the front door like at 4am or risk getting knocked down and pushed around as soon as the doors open. I read somewhere that the Lagerfeld stuff, like sold out in a hour in Germany and that people were grabbing and snatching stuff up and weren't even looking at the sizes. I think a few of them were trying to get their hands on whatever they could so they could resell it on Ebay. You might be right about the chaos, so make sure you got your sneakers on and your hair pulled back, it might get kinda ugly.:innocent:

I love it so muchhh!!! ahh yeah those boots from her winter collection are gorgeous as well, but the price isn't H&M:P

bagsnthings said:
I read somewhere that the Lagerfeld stuff, like sold out in a hour in Germany and that people were grabbing and snatching stuff up and weren't even looking at the sizes. I think a few of them were trying to get their hands on whatever they could so they could resell it on Ebay. You might be right about the chaos, so make sure you got your sneakers on and your hair pulled back, it might get kinda ugly.:innocent:

actually, i went to h&m that they the lagerfeld collection came out and there was still a lot there. i got there like 5 hours after they opened. the only thing that was sold out was the t-shirt with lagerfeld on it.
plus i don't think that stella will cause the same stir like lagerfeld.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that it will cause a stir. i think the designs here look a lot better than lagerfelds.

plus stella's collection here is a 40 piece collection for women (how big was lagerfelds?)

i think lagerfeld was complaining last year that the stuff sold out and therefore he wasnt able to make a huge profit on it.

so perhaps the run here will be considerably larger.

plus stella has until 2007 to break even with gucci group. she has to make a mega profit here.

lucy92 said:
i think that it will cause a stir. i think the designs here look a lot better than lagerfelds.

plus stella's collection here is a 40 piece collection for women (how big was lagerfelds?)

i think lagerfeld was complaining last year that the stuff sold out and therefore he wasnt able to make a huge profit on it.

so perhaps the run here will be considerably larger.

plus stella has until 2007 to break even with gucci group. she has to make a mega profit here.

I think her stuff is going to go fast as well. I'm personally not interested in it, but it seems like a lot of young people are.

in finland it didnt create any kind of hassle last year with the lagerfelds. i mean people did buy them, but there was still quite a lot left when i went xmas shopping just days before xmas. im sure its like that with the stella stuff cause not so many "normal" people know about stella, whereas everyone knows lagerfeld..of course it has lot to do how the media treats it. at least over here.

I saw some of the H&M pieces Stella's created, in this month's UK Elle...

cheap and cheap.... :sick:

ah, stella's on fine form. Lost without ol' Phoebe, clearly! :wink:

The ENTIRE Stella Range for Hennes to be printed in tomorrows (9th October) Sunday Times (UK) Style supplement.
Someone get their scanner ready! Maybe they'll post some pics up on their website, it doesn't say...
But stand by...! :buzz:

^^^^i wonder whether i should go out and buy that i am so curious:woot:

Largerfeld stuff selling out:lol: a month i saw alot of it on sale 50% off:rolleyes:

^Don't worry...we get the Sunday Times delivered to us............I'll scan it definitely!

I have to admit that the Times never fails to deliver on fashion. Its much better than the Guardian, not as flippant and much sharper. I just cannot stand the dusty Tory political journalism though.
Still, you must suffer for your passion ...Maybe I'll start a thread about this... :magic:

Fashion Puss said:
The ENTIRE Stella Range for Hennes to be printed in tomorrows (9th October) Sunday Times (UK) Style supplement.
Someone get their scanner ready! Maybe they'll post some pics up on their website, it doesn't say...
But stand by...! :buzz:

I always get the Sunday Times...thanx for the info. Unfortunately they never have photos on their website.

:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DFA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->