US Elle June 2018 : Kendall Jenner by Chris Colls

serendipity8777

Reaction score
rLDVPi9h_o.jpg

kevinkkelly1 on ebay

I really like the cover, but she looks like she’s about to cry...

Not what I expected, I think I like this! The colours, sideswept hair and small amount of visible fashion. Reminds me of the 97' US Elle covers. Only wish she'd make eye contact.

They always have famous people interview her, wonder why. And part of me do wish it would've been Lana on the cover.

Nina and Gan are shaping the magazine into something unique. Especially where covers are concerned.

Not as bad as i expected, i appreciate that they are taking their cover stars outdoors, but the eye contact bothers me here.

So she has now graced all of mainstream American covers, I think only InStyle is missing? The level of fashion's obsession with this family is just insane!

Wow, the first her first cover that I enjoy.

Kudos to Nina and Stephen. I was thinking that he would do **** with this magazine, bc of Bazaar but now I can say that Bazaar is a mess bc of Glenda.

I have enjoyed every single cover under Nina.

Who made this miracle??? Kendall, you go girl!

Thank you Nina for showing us that Kendall Jenner is not a zombie/robot.

She has a soul, finally.

This is a beautiful cover. Gorgeous colors, and the perfect amount of text. Kendall is serving some serious melancholy but it works wonderfully. Its interesting that Cara and Kendall who are two of the most polarizing models in the industry have finally nailed it. I'm very impressed with this cover and I might just pick it up. It will be the first time I purchased anything with Kendall on it by choice.

So she has now graced all of mainstream American covers, I think only InStyle is missing? The level of fashion's obsession with this family is just insane!

Nope, she's yet to cover Glamour, Marie Claire, and Interview magazine. Kim however covered all the mainstream US fashion titles.

I wish she was making eye contact as well but finally there is a genuine expression on her face! I love the windswept hair and that Givenchy dress photographs beautifully.

Lovely cover!... I wonder who is the photographer?

^I'm getting all sorts of Gilles Bensimon vibes from this but it could've been photographed by someone completely different. Terry Tsilois? I'm keen to find out, nevertheless.

My most favorite cover Kendall Jenner's EVER done, period. This is an undeniably gorgeous shot of Kendall, I practically gasped when I saw it. I love everything about the cover overall, from the neckline of the dress, Kendall's wet hair, the makeup, the pink fonts... Elle nailed it this month. Major kudos to Nina Garcia and team!

Yes who is the photographer? This reminds me of late 80s, early 90s Gilles Bensimon cover. Love it.

It does look like it could be Bensimon, he did some great work for Elle, and would be cool to see him back, doing another cover.

Nope, she's yet to cover Glamour, Marie Claire, and Interview magazine. Kim however covered all the mainstream US fashion titles.
So few left, and Kim never had a US InStyle cover either.

Nina and Gan are shaping the magazine into something unique. Especially where covers are concerned.

I always looked to US Elle more for its overall message, rather than focusing on the fashion. We don't tend to discuss features and articles in this forum, but I found it to be a very reflective magazine, and loved its take on relationships and other issues.

These days, in terms of written content, I've lost interest in the magazine. In revamping the look of it, they've sacrificed some of the soul. Maybe that side of things will develop in its own way.

I always looked to US Elle more for its overall message, rather than focusing on the fashion. We don't tend to discuss features and articles in this forum, but I found it to be a very reflective magazine, and loved its take on relationships and other issues.

These days, in terms of written content, I've lost interest in the magazine. In revamping the look of it, they've sacrificed some of the soul. Maybe that side of things will develop in its own way.

Oh, completely agree! Robbie Myers' Elle used to be one of my favourite reads. Very well-put together and thematic. It's just the fashion part which dwindled. Now it seems they've revamped the fashion up in favour of features. But I'll see how it goes. They still have some good journalism here and there - that Louise Linton backstabbing 'puff piece' in the March issue was quite masterful! :lol:

Sometimes people wonder why we rail so much against EIC's, they ultimately make all the difference. The standard of Samira Nasr's styling increased almost overnight since Nina came on board. Maybe it's better photographers, a bigger budget, less freedom? And we are in agreement that the features are taking a bit of a downturn under Nina, bearing in mind that Robbie's features Director and writing team is still on board. It's all down to how they're managed, I say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Photographed by Chris Colls, styled by Anna Trevelyan:

ELLE. COM

Wow this editorial is quite good. Kendal looks amazing!

I love Chris Colls. He’s one of the best out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->