US Elle June 2018 : Kendall Jenner by Chris Colls

The pic where she is posing on a car is quite better that the cover one.

Color me surprised! I like the editorial as well :lol:

Werk. Considering what she's delivered in the past, I am digging this. I see a bit of emotion there. Just a little more, try to lose the need to be pretty, and you'll get there sweetie :flower: Chris did a great job here.

You see how Chris is one of the bests. When he do miracle with such a bad model. I want him on american vogue now

The Edit is amazing! Kendall is growing to become a fine model... and yes Anna W should use Colls but she also need to go back to giving models full editorials work.

I remember David Sims did a similar storyline with her for US Vogue. Must say this is infinitely better.

sub cover

loxQuC1c_o.jpg

Elle's Instagram

Classic late-80s/early-90s American ELLE cover, down to the typeface and layout.

Too bad she’s as dead in the eyes, nothing on the mind and hollow as ever. Why this face is so in demand is a sad sad sad state on fashiondom.

Some of her best work, but I must say that when she’s not looking directly at the camera she’s 100%

Jenner has finally begun to come through in her print work. Better late to the party than never I suppose? Working with the best in the biz all these years had to be worth something..regardless the cover is strong. Nina's Elle becomes more and more compelling each month. Well done esp bravo to Chris Colls!

I love the edit.... it’s very cinematic in a way.

Meisel needs to work with Kendie, he finally worked with Cara and other unthinkable models that you would never associate him with. He would make her shine.

I feel like I'm in a crowd where everyone is clapping at the sight of someone who's chronically bad at running but has suddenly managed to finish a 5K with the help of everyone around her. Your best result yet! Well done!

I love the set-up of the story, it's classic Elle - but her modelling here looks like rubbish to me, she looks cross-eyed on the cover, and I don't know why everyone's giving her a pass when her sister Kim brings more to any shoot she does, and she's generally seen as an abomination.

She's had this cover and a US Vogue one thrown at her recently, and while you can get a nice shot out of her these days, she's still not up to any real standard. But we've been worn down to the point where we welcome the most paltry signs of improvement from someone who was never a natural in front of the camera in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elle are absolutely killing it recently - I've been really loving their issues really and this is no exception. Great to see Chris Colls cover a major American magazine, I've loved his work for some of the Vogues and The Edit, Porter etc. Kendall looks great here too. Really pleasantly surprised!

The cover is great composition-wise, but she's still not giving anything. Thankfully the edit has some really impressive shots, first time I've liked her work really. However I would put that down to targeted art direction rather than a massive improvement in KJ's modelling skills.

I don't get the love for the cover, but I do like the ed. A lot, actually. Kendall looks amazing.

I think Kendall is my least favourite out of the Insta girls but this ELLE cover of her's is great. Some shots of the ed are lovely as well, like the one of her in the car and the b&w portrait shot of her looking past the camera. There's still a couple shots though that look amateur and that's due to her lack of modelling skills.

too photo shopped looks like they were trying to hide her bad acne skin

the elle covers of the 80s can't be beat

waiT, this is probably her best print work.

How can anyone in their right mind say she’s getting better, or that this is her best work yet, when she is ‘giving’ this face. And I use the word ‘giving’ generously, because she is hardly giving anything in the pic. It’s baffling.

(elle.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->