Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Am pretty sure that there will be a South Sudanese model maybe Ajok Daing since shes also a curve model or Awar Odiang with her strong walk or Rejoice Chuol who is very striking and also has a great walk.

I would like that VS show comes back at it’s full glory. I know it’s cheesy but I like it. I know they will add few plus size models and some old stars.

I think Kendall Jenner will be back same as some of the old VS girls like Elsa Hosk, Alexina Graham, Sara Sampaio, Irina Shayk and maybe Bregje Heinen. Def Izabel Goulart, let’s face it = she lives for that hair flip. Naomi I think. Not sure for the Hadid sisters. And doubt for Heidi Klum and Adriana Lima. Maybe Helena Christensen bcs of her recent work for the brand. Poly and Frackowiak are in the shape of their lives, they would be nice surprise.

I can see Sabrina Carpenter and Chappell Roan performing, GaGa will have a new album so she will only do it if she is only performer I guess.

I would like to see some new girls like Maria Klaumann, that girl is going to be new Gisele, mark my words, and somebody like Lindsey Wixon, Awar Odhiang and my favourite Faretta.

Last edited:
Adriana Lima has been working out quite hard and shed all of her post pregnancy weight so I can practically guarantee she will walk again.

But in Adriana’s last show it seemed like she was signing off so to me it would be weird to see her back. I wouldn’t mind it though.

If they can’t pull Bella Hadid I’m sure they’d try to get Angelina.

There's a RUMOR that Doutzen will make a surprise appearance at the show, like the supermodels did at Versace S/S 2018.

You mean they might have a special closing or opening with a number of past angels?

Do we think they're actually walking or front row? I could see Tyra hosting it . . .

That matte/cool make up makes them look so sunken and dreadful. Plus that hair isn’t doing anything for Gigis round face.

A bit excited about the cast, hopefully they do deliver with the glamour and themes but don’t go OTT. Keep that Sophia lady away and whatever multicolored “ethnic” themes she came up with. Keep the wings simple and but do give us some decent sizing here and there not just baby wings.

VS (allegedly) held a casting for the show yesterday, unsure if it's going on for several days or not given the creepy photographers that used to hang around & take pictures of the models outside of the HQ have since vanished into thin air 🤣 However, thanks to Gotham (Michael Stewart), we at least have a few names to list (click on each name and it'll take you directly to their Instagram account) :

Abuk Yor
Adeline Marcheski
Adrienne Shaul
Aishah Phomsatry
Alay Deng
Angeer Amol
Anita Vida
Annia Hobe
Aviana McClish
Bernie
Caitlyn Kahaloa
Cameryn Ruby
Charisse Mone
Cindy Natasha
Emme Metry
Fanta Bereteh
Grace Brown
Grace Fonville
Grace van Petten
Jada Kobie Hernandez
Ji Shuyan
Jillian Burns
Jordan Daniels
Katrina Roelle
Kiana Carroll
Lauryn Fletcher
Lian Jia
Lilia Butler
Lizi Koberidze
Luiza Perote
Maria Churchy
Mia Davis
Mika Nobles
Milla Borsanyi
Morgan Fletcher
Mya West
Nena Marcus
Ning Jinyi
Nyanwiy Deng
Sifan Hunde
Yumi Nu
Zahra Traore

Last edited:
i would like to see the cast with 90% of hf models... just like it was in 2003-2010
and of course girls like Frackowiak, Natasha, Hana, Anja, Luna Bjil, Birgit, Vittoria, Anna Ewers Abbey Lee. even Rianne Van Rompaey..
a dream
😂

That list seems like a prelim casting.. if that was for the VSFS I feel like we’ll see more current/top models soon. Or so I hope.

That list seems like a prelim casting.. if that was for the VSFS I feel like we’ll see more current/top models soon. Or so I hope.
True, since its all about visibility and they have the budget. Social media follower count will count a lot.

Lmao who are these models?! what was the budget, $1.5k?

It's wild how this company is so rotten in every tiny corner of their structure that they are beyond helpless at understanding what went wrong and how to fix it. It's like they exclusively focused on the backlash and waited it out, then filtered out the controversial elements and feel ready for a comeback. The way this is going to flop for them.. you want to feel a little bad, but at the same time, they're just so underserving at this point..

Times have changed and there are new factors into consideration (social media, being able to voice an opinion on their product that is visible for everyone), but the foundation of marketing for brands like this (that tap into how women view themselves, how they're viewed, level of sexualization, etc) has not. Why did they skyrocket before? because their casting emitted power, their women had established careers, all legitimized by high fashion (all of them, Adriana and Alessandra included), they were invited for that, the show was about gathering the best of the best, it was an all-star event (e.g. Cannes 2000), and it showed lingerie that women actually desired and wanted to see themselves in. The fact that they can't get the product right to save their lives is an indication of how bad it all is. Even their partnership with a smaller, newer brand that doesn't even do lingerie and with zero history like Frankie's Bikinis, makes Frankie's Bikini's look like they're doing charity work by validating VS.. and the preview in the last page?! :sick: .. are they really going to do a show that is still aiming for the aesthetic of a discarded Black Eyed Peas wardrobe circa 2009? what else, curls and orange tans and 'wings' with neon lights or that are 'oMg sO HeAvY I hAd tO GeT a TrAiNer fOr 6 WeEkS'..?

Their colossal mistake was getting too confident and in-your-face about the sex ring thing that was happening behind doors and switching the format of the show from a lineup of Bond girls (late 90s to 2003) they had the privilege to gather, to a lineup of Miss Universe/sorority girls that giggle and cry and go on extreme diets over the 'honor' of being accepted into this beauty pageant.. they reduced their models to powerless betas whose biggest dream in life is walking in an underwear show and that is partly why, post 2017, audiences became more observant and they could not survive the scrutiny. Not revising this and in fact making it worse by using nameless models, is incomprehensible to me.. for any company in general. They didn't have to burn themselves to the ground, they just had to study their own timeline, revisit initial success and understand why audiences became and are still critical.

Their recent tea time campaign with the models that embody that Miss Universe era and that are nowhere to be found in high fashion campaigns right at this moment.. it's harmless and yet so representative of why they went down fast and why no amount of money invested on hyping a show no one misses will save them.

And for this essay on Victoria's Secret, you're welcome everyone! 🤡🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeterJFrancoIII
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->