Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013

After watching the whole show, I must say my favorite two moments and models were Doutzen opening the Birds of paradise and Adriana all in red opening Parisian nights. Both magical moments and the two of them were great:flower::flower:

The Pink section was horrible looking at those hideous costumes and music.

I like Karlie has HF model but she is just so bad for VS,doesn`t look good at all, she is not "Angel" material. :doh:

Also I hate seeing Adam Levine in the audience each year cheering for another girlfriend. Quite pathetic. Seriously why does the camera even show him? :blink:

Kelly Gale, Elsa Hosk, Cindy Bruna, Toni Garrn, Monika Jagaciak, Magdalena Frackowiak, Maryna Linchuk, Ming Xi, Doutzen Kroes, and Adriana Lima were the girls who stood out in motion. The Snow Angel segment was the best one, but a lot of these girls dont stand on par with girls who walked in the early 2000s. Very few girls were memorable.

i take back about the Snow Angels, it had the best outfits but the editing was way off. Especially because they didnt put enough emphasis on Magdalena closing. It was all about Taylor, is she going to be an angel next? :lol: I also forgot to add how gorgeous Elsa was during PINK. Most of the Pink girls killed it. I wish they gave more attention to girls that have presence on the runway.

I thought it was very well done overall. Candice opened with Gisele-like ferocity, she slayed. Afriana still managed to steal the show though, I mean wow she was gorgeous in all the shots.

I agree, despite taylor and the editing part, I really like this show, the outfits are less costumey than past years and Candice's opening is quite amazing, seriously she's giving me Gisele's 2005 vibes. not over the top ala adriana (pointing, waving. kissing, praying...), Candice was fierce, glamorous and confident. Definitely, she kills it, best opening in a while, imo

rooting for Doutzen to open next year =)

I mentioned the other day about Barbara being the fit model, I didn't think they'd actually give her her own little mini segment:P

I felt really sorry for Adriana having to walk whilst Taylor was talking...you could see she slowed down her walk and was waiting for Taylor to shut up. :lol:

The two models who stood out for me were Candice (her opening gave me chills) and Lily A (she's come leaps and bounds as far as her walk and her presence in front of the camera.:(heart::blush:

^ Yes, Taylor's talking was annoying. If she HAD to introduce herself, did she then have to mention the members of FOB individually by name?! It really affected Kasia as well.

I like Lais, she is almost an Angel, but im glad (sorry!) that she broke her ankle last year... Behati in that look (favorite wings EVER), walking, Rihana singing "Diamons" was such a beautiful moment on of the most iconic moments at VSFW!

Sorry Lais, still love you!

1. Taylor, you are not the presenter, just sing.
2. Adam Levine, if I see him standing at another damn show . . .
3. Very impressed with Elsa/Jourdann/Joan/Sui He/Ming Xi
4. Really VS? An entire segment on Barbara Fialho?
5. I thought the fact that they had Lais open a segment because of her accident last year was cute, even though they probably took it away from Ale.
6. Candice had a great opening, and Adriana opening Parisian Nights (the best segment!) was fantastic.
7. Outfits were much better, but if it's possible the editing was worse this year.
8. Cara, I like her in print, I think she's a quirky girl, but wtf she should not be on that runway. Way to make it obvious that you cast her just for her social media following, VS.

Overall, I was just bored to be honest. I remember seeing the fashion show and thinking wow! It just seemed otherworldly to me before, all of these glamazons stomping down a runway. Now all of the editing and all of this "let's show you how fun and relatable all of these girls are" is getting boring. I really think the only criteria for being a VS model now is can you speak English.

And I LOVE Alessandra, but honestly I think she should leave VS. It's clear that VS doesn't promote her, and while I think she still looks amazing, I've seen it all before. 2005-2009 was her ERA as queen of VS with regards to catalogs, solo events, solo commercials. And she's already worn the FB and opened the show, so while I'd be sad, she's certainly left her mark.

Yes Taylors talking ruined the walks of Kasia and Adriana. She really had to make this about herself. :rolleyes:

Candice was a bit better then during her first opening but I wouldnt compare her to Gisele and calling her opening walk Gisele-fierce. Far from it. She is no Gisele or Adriana. Actually I hope she never opens the show again.

i find it really messed up how they are basically marketing Lais how they did with Chanel Iman and her special moment getting wings. Nobody on twitter was talking about Lais except for how boring she was and I dont follow fashion people

I didn't get Candice's opening either. The look on her face the entire time made it seem like she was going to puke or sh*t herself. And not that I minded Candice opening BI, but it's quite obvious Parisian Nights was more of an opening the show type segment. Even VS thought so:

@VictoriasSecret: That. Was. An. Entrance. @AdrianaLima takes the stage—we mean, runway. #VSFashionShow #ParisianNights

:rofl:

Anyway, I totally thought this would be the Candice show and it wasn't. :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
And I LOVE Alessandra, but honestly I think she should leave VS. It's clear that VS doesn't promote her, and while I think she still looks amazing, I've seen it all before. 2005-2009 was her ERA as queen of VS with regards to catalogs, solo events, solo commercials. And she's already worn the FB and opened the show, so while I'd be sad, she's certainly left her mark.

It's not their job to promote her, it's her job to promote them. It's not like she's being shoved to the side, she had the fantasy bra last year, it's only been 12 months! Her & Adriana are still the quintessential Victoria's Secret Angels.

Elsa having a namecheck was just unnecessary. I'm sorry but who are you?! :shock: Lais and Barbara should have been the only non Angels getting opening credit mentions, seeing as they had they're own mini-segments.

Something I noticed.
Parisian had 5 non-white models. that must be a record. Also 9 out of 12 models being brunettes was refreshing.
On the other hand,
Shipwrecked had 8 blondes to 4 brunettes(one Asian, no black models)
Snow Angels had 9 blondes to 4 brunettes(again one Asian and no black)

Balance is the key VS, balance!

Well, I think everyone looked great, even though I only saw two segments..

:innocent:

That's the problem that I see with VS. These filler Angels are not promoting the brand like Heidi, Tyra, Gisele, and Karolina did; Victoria's Secret is promoting these models! Ale, Adriana, Candice, and Doutzen are the only ones who can speak out for the brand.
Parisian nights had a great opening, it should have opened the show.
Shipwrecked should have had different music, and I would have been glad if Snow Angels had a great remix.
Does DJ Healy.. Paula, I forgot his name, does he still produce whatever remixes VS does?

Adriana is perfect in Parisian Nights.
I hate the outfits fron Pink but the girls had actually good walks.
Someone should have pushed Taylor from that runway.

They definitely need to make LAIS an angel, she was one of the best models of the show. And considering they don't have a black angel...it makes sense.

Candice was good, she can do no wrong with VS
Adriana was also good, she knows how to do it
Doutzen was beautiful but as mch as I love her, she has no power
Lily was a surprise, she improved a lot her catwalk!
Lindsey was ok, but forgetable
Elsa was brilliant with PINK
And I feel sorry about Alessandra. She was THE VS angel back in the day. I remember when Adriana was pregnant and Heidi announced her retirement , she put the brand on her shoulders and did every single event, tv program, opened the show, etc. They didn't let her open a segment, lead the finale, or have her own space.

I love my models as much as the next person, but VS isn't a modelling agency or PR firm, they're a retailer. They know which Angels sell, and whose reach is declining. They know who sells in print, who sells in interviews, who sells on radio and by country/region etc. There are people paid a lot of money to analyse these things. It's all about $$ and it's telling that Ale's role is decreasing.

My segments, fav to least:

Parisian nights: epic. Adriana killed it. Lingerie targeted to ADULTS, not costumes for teens. loved it.
Snow Angels: all the girls looked beautiful, and the outfits weren't too OTT. editing was shocking though.
BI: so weird at one point when there were 3 models on the runway at once. It was when Adriana was out, and she had to awkwardly slow down. There was WAY too much going on with that bad timing, and having too many performers/bodies on stage.
Shipwrecked: beautiful but boring
Pink: good walks, awful outfits. didn't even notice until the show that all their outfits/props were emojis.
Birds: don't even remember anything about this. Crap song. crap editing. over quickly, forgettable models.

Overall.. why were there so many moments of filming where all you can see pitch black and the spot lights on the ceiling that are drowning out the model (this was when they'd film from the top end of the runway facing back out to the crowd.)... did this annoy anyone else?

IMO, Ming was the best newbie followed by Maria Borges, Cindy, & Jac :wink:

Devon was a disaster! :lol: Girl, you can use your electric guitar! :rofl:
And Sigrid? :doh: I love her but she's more high fashion

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"