Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013

Nobody seems to mention this but Elsa was in the opening credits.
I missed the very beginning so I'm wondering if any other non-angels got credited?

My over all opinion on this show is just..

Boring.

So much more could have been done. A better cast would have done a much better job. Better walkers is where i'm getting at to be upfront. The newbies walks who really impressed me where Josephine Skriver, Monika Jagaciak and Ming Xi. Sad that they were all Pink girls.

Sigrid even came out with that robotic walk of hers. I expected much better from such a classy beauty.

So many girls walking with their knees bent. I understand the show is supposed to be fun and stuff.. But it's still a performance you have to do. Even Magdalena pulled the same move here..

Shame of what has happened to the shows of the early 2000's.

I agree with what pen6693 said. None of the angels contracted now have enough power to bring in this type of audience. It is very well said with the fact that they highlighted the amount of followers that Cara D. is bringing in..

Nobody seems to mention this but Elsa was in the opening credits.
I missed the very beginning so I'm wondering if any other non-angels got credited?

Nope, just Elsa.

And while she isn't an Angel, she is a contracted model so it makes sense. I'm more surprised she wasn't credited in 2011 & 2013 TBH

Overall it was boring.

They slammed 2 segments within the first 10 minutes and their intermissions sucked, the beach one was silly, hearing Behati talk and talk about Lais was was miserable. Adriana's work out could pass as one of the web only video and who really cares about Barbara, is she headed towards being an Angel?

Having the Parisian Nights segment then the commercial was one of their best points, though the commercial had beautiful shots it could have been edited by a high school student. It could have at least a story or something, say the Angels located all over Paris and trying to locate altogether in the Eiffel.

The last segment was edited horribly as well, it was all Taylor and some of them could barely walk, I almost wanted Candice to to push her off to the side.

Nope, just Elsa.

And while she isn't an Angel, she is a contracted model so it makes sense. I'm more surprised she wasn't credited in 2011 & 2013 TBH

Thanks!
It's odd that she's been a leading Pink girl for three years and has yet to open the segment. and she has a pretty good walk as well.
It will be interesting to see if she can become an Angel(or at least one of those main girls like Lais) straight away when she makes a transition into mainline a la Behati, or she'll have to start all over again from just a catalog regular.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was very well done overall. Candice opened with Gisele-like ferocity, she slayed. Afriana still managed to steal the show though, I mean wow she was gorgeous in all the shots.

When Valentino was waving back at the girls at the finale - that was so cute!

Great show! Mesmerized the whole time! Loooooooove Adriana, always.

Definitely the best show in a while; from outfits (that look more lingerie-ish), to models (personal favourites and more diversity) and surprisingly the music works. One thing victoria's secret should work on is the editing; focus more on the front view of the models as they walk. So many great walker's walk weren't displayed enough.

One thing victoria's secret should work on is the editing; focus more on the front view of the models as they walk. So many great walker's walk weren't displayed enough.
This so much. I was really frustrated, especially during PINK, when I was trying to watch the models. We'd get a second of the model and then a horrible cut to the performers and back again.

^Yea, PN was the best segment. I didn't care for the music that much but everything else about it was flawless. I can't believe we have multiple HD uploads of the other segments but not one of that one :angry: I guess this is why they have so many performers; the general public don't care if there's no live music on a segment :( Only songs I liked this year were the finale song and Birds of Paradise. Should've opened with that song instead. Loads more energy.

Was disappointed the fantasy bra look was lacking and it didn't really stand out but Candice's walk was good.

I agree with the others about the camera/editing being awful. Too much focus on performers and not enough on the models and their outfits :judge:

I quite liked the outfits, but I just can't with Karlie for VS. I don't mind her as high fashion model, but this 'sexy' posing of hers is just too much. What's up with this ridiculous dancing move in Snow Angels?
I always love when VS models walk in a more reduced, serious way. Constance was a great example. But I also quite liked Candice, she just knows how to work that runway.

The most annoying thing was Adam Levine fangirling in the audience by the way.

Too late to edit, sorry.

I think a remix of Edith Piaf's "sous le ciel de Paris" would have been the perfect song for Parisian Nights.

Adriana Lima is such a vision opening Parisian Nights. Red is truly her color.

The behind-the-scenes/interview music is terrific. "F For You" by Disclosure, "Wildest Moments" by Jessie Ware, and Explosions in the Sky could have been great for runway show. Instead, we have that awful Fall Out Boy song.

I quite liked the outfits, but I just can't with Karlie for VS. I don't mind her as high fashion model, but this 'sexy' posing of hers is just too much. What's up with this ridiculous dancing move in Snow Angels?
I always love when VS models walk in a more reduced, serious way. Constance was a great example. But I also quite liked Candice, she just knows how to work that runway.

The most annoying thing was Adam Levine fangirling in the audience by the way.

I'm so with you on everything you've said, particularly Karlie. Her weird pout which makes her eyes and cheeks look strange is really unattractive.

Constance was a vision. I am mesmerised by her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->