Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013

Put Maryna and Magda instead of Cara and Erin then Parisian Nights would've been beyond perfect.
I very much adore Cara but that posing(or lack of it) was lame and Erin, she wasn't just there.

Put Maryna and Magda instead of Cara and Erin then Parisian Nights would've been beyond perfect.
I very much adore Cara but that posing(or lack of it) was lame and Erin, she wasn't just there.

I actually didn't mind Cara and I liked her querky pose. It reminded me of old shows where everyone brought something to the table. Erin was boring. I would've put Maryna in her outfit and had Magda added to it. Or if I had to take someone out it would be Ale (Magda would've looked good in her outfit), so she could be in Snow Angels.

English section: Candice opening was great, Jourdan was really hot and I'd love to see more Kasia. I don't know if this is just me or Karlie's hips are really weird.
Shipwrecked: Doutzen perfection. Sui He so beautiful, I still don't get Behati, she's plain and annoying, Sigrid should smile more,
Birds of Paradise: Lais is boring, she couldn't cheer the audience like other openers did. Erin looks like she didn't want to be there.
Parisian Nights: Adriana opening was great and nice looks for all the models, Joan so beautiful
Pink: The music wasn't that bad, tired of Jessica Hart, she looks so mature to be there, Ming Xi nice walk, Caroline Brasch Nielsen was really cute I like her little dance at the end, Josephine Skriver great body, I want to see her again, Jasmine Tookens gorgeous, I hate Jac's outfit but she was so cute.
Snow Angels: I can't believe Maryna got just one outfit, she's PERFECTION!! :judge:

BRING BACK THE REMIXES, THEY WERE GREAT,
THE MUSIC THIS YEAR WAS SOOOOO BORING.!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:d

Hi,Anyone know what song used for the opening of ''Parisian Nights''(saxophone music)?

0:07 -0:20

P.D.:Adriana = Amazing woman !:heart::blush:

English section: Candice opening was great, Jourdan was really hot and I'd love to see more Kasia. I don't know if this is just me or Karlie's hips are really weird.
Shipwrecked: Doutzen perfection. Sui He so beautiful, I still don't get Behati, she's plain and annoying, Sigrid should smile more,
Birds of Paradise: Lais is boring, she couldn't cheer the audience like other openers did. Erin looks like she didn't want to be there.
Parisian Nights: Adriana opening was great and nice looks for all the models, Joan so beautiful
Pink: The music wasn't that bad, tired of Jessica Hart, she looks so mature to be there, Ming Xi nice walk, Caroline Brasch Nielsen was really cute I like her little dance at the end, Josephine Skriver great body, I want to see her again, Jasmine Tookens gorgeous, I hate Jac's outfit but she was so cute.
Snow Angels: I can't believe Maryna got just one outfit, she's PERFECTION!! :judge:

BRING BACK THE REMIXES, THEY WERE GREAT,
THE MUSIC THIS YEAR WAS SOOOOO BORING.
!!!

Yes, Yes and Yes!! :lol: agree with everything.

Am I the only one who doesn't get Magda's appeal? everyone seems to love her but me. Her walk is hideous...why does she always look at her own **** when she gets to the end of the runway? she does it every time!! Don't like her as a HF model either tbh. :rolleyes::doh:

Yea, i couldn't believe that Maryna got no love backstage and she wasn't shown until she walked out on the runway, and then did the best out of every girl in her segment. That was complete Gisele at the end of the runway

I just don't like that the show only has 1 segment that doesn't have any performers.

The editing was really awful. We barely got to see any of the girls actually walk down the runway. And some of the girls have some bamf walks, so I would've been great to see that. For instance, I LOVE the way Joan stomps down a runway. I've always loved her hard walk, but we barely got to see it.

Same for a lot of the other girls. Say what you want about Karlie, but she has one of THE BEST walks in the game, and the only time we really got to see her strut was in the British Invasion section.

I'm not a Taylor Swift fan by any means, but I thought she was a good performer for the show. Also, when Fallout Boy opened it felt like VS booked Fallout Boy after they couldn't get One Direction, a band that would've made WAY more sense to have in a British section, especially an opening section.

Overall, the costuming and models were some of the best they've had in ages, but the show was completely let down by the editing.

Off the top of my head, in no particular order, models who stood out to me:

•All the pink girls. The clothes were hideous, but they all had good walks, and they were cute, which is what Pink is supposed to be about, being 'cutesy'. Ming Xi was excellent here.

•Joan Smalls. Her bawdy is simply devine, lol, and she has an amazing runway presence. VS should look into involving her more with the brand, but I'm not necessarily sure she'd want to.

•Sui He. She's so gorgeous, and clasically beautiful. She looks like an actual angel, lol.

•Doutzen. It would be nearly criminal if VS doesn't give her the Fantasy Bra next year. Every time she took to the runway she was simply a revelation .

•Constance. I've never felt any particular way about her as a model, but she just adds a certain level of sophistication and elegance to the VS runway.

•Jourdan Dunn. She's always been one of my fave models, but she's been looking exceptionally beautiful lately and that showed at this years show. Plus, I love how she always does a little something different when she hits the end of the runway. The bit with the whip was a nice touch.

•Adriana. Some people hate all her posturing and kiss blowing, but that's kind of her 'thing'. Her opening of the Parisian Nights segment was everything. Speaking of…

•The Parisian Nights segment was the best of the show overall.

I know i'm forgetting some things, but these are the moments that stand out to me right now.

I quite liked this year's show, it wasn't mind blowing but still good. I could have done without Cara and I wasn't impressed by the social media segment. They could have not included that. I think Taylor was a good fit for VS but I wish there was a little more focus on models, not on her (but I guess she's more known to public and they wanted more people to tune in, even those who do not follow fashion). I want more Elsa next year, she'a amazing. Also loved seeing Jac, Ming Xi and Maryna. Maybe less Cara, Lily and Ale for next year ... A little variety never hurt anyone.

doutzen was by far the most beautiful she needs the fantasy bra. she has the most sexy graceful walk and body!

The music was the worst. I've never heard of the 2 other bands except taylor swift. how can you go with Rhianna then down to Taylor Swift. This should be a show with amazing music and presence. If you watch the backstage videos of the VS girls last year they were so excited for the musicians and would mention it. This time not at all unless they were asked!

Just finished to watched the HD version of the show. Few thoughts.

Segments
Best segment: parisian night (great openening, nice sexy lingerie and girls were not overdoing it)
Worst segment: Pink. The music was great for the segment, the girls were great for the segment but the clothes... It was terrible, event to Pink standards...
Others:
London segment was better than I expected but not opening-worthy. Candice is good but she can't open. They tried twice. leave it to Adriana to set-up the mood.
Shipwerecked was quite bad because the music was just depressing, the clothe were very similar and the girls were doing the same posing. and the slow-mo... really sluggish segment
Birds of Paradise: Loved the song for that segment. Outfits were ok. i though the energy was good.
Snow angels: wrong music! I never care about Taylor but now I quite dislike her. Move!

The Angels
The best: Adriana and Doutzen are just majestic creatures. I could watch them all day. Pure goddesses.
The good: Candice delivers, Carly was good (I start to see her as an Angel), Behati gets more beautiful every show.
The average: Lily is beautiful but she just cannot walk. Lindsey is nice but I could trade for another girl and no see a difference.

Rest of the girls
My favorite: Joan (charismatic), Sui He (Classy, smily, gorgeous), Barbara (I disliked her last year but found her very sexy this year), Toni (just so pretty, knockout). Want to see more of Kelly gale.
My not-so-much: Isabel (she is getting scary now), Cara (kinda cute in english segment but terrible in Paris)

Overall
Music problem, seems to be a staple at VS. That "break-up" song was such a poor choice. Too much Taylor.
Good casting overall, good clothe overall but Pink....
Not enough full walk, too much emphasis on Taylor Swift

Last years performers minus Bieber + this years lingerie and costumes + better editing would've made an awesome show.

I kind of wish they'd put each model's name around the corner of the screen while they are posing. I think that can benefit both models and VS. Most of the non-angels remain nameless to the casual viewers, because majority of them don't bother looking up the names even if they found some of the models hot.
Putting the names and models can get more recognition, and VS can see who is getting the buzz more easily.
It will probably be nothing but a distraction for us though:P

^ Since VS sometimes gets the models' names wrong(twitter, etc.), I think that could be tricky for them to handle. :lol:

What was the last show Ana Beatriz Barros walked in? Just wondering..

I just rewatched the show and here are my thoughts on it:

British Invasion: Fall Out Boy really set a good tone for this segment. The song gave lots of energy, and Candice looked alive opening such a high energy segment/the show compared to when she opened Ballet. Hated the editing and constantly showing Taylor. I really was looking forward to seeing Kasia, but that didn't happen. Taylor announcing was downright awful. I was disappointed with Devon Windsor, I expected more than throwing up a sign at the end!

Shipwrecked: One of my favorite segments. Each girl fit so beautifully. Behati really surprised me! She's grown on me as an angel lately. I felt like this segment fit Candice. I'm not a fan of her at all, but she really works well with the slower, more ethreal segments. Sigrid and Lindsay were definite favorites, though I wish Sigrid had smiled a bit more, and Constance closing was perfect.

Parisian Night: Adriana opening was something else. I'm speechless. The amount of energy in this segment! Doutzen worked that boa, but I'd love to have seen the lingerie more. Top three of this segment were definitely Adri, Doutzen, and Joan. I thought Barbara did a great job closing, I liked how she wasn't over the top blowing kisses and hand gestures, just brought out some serious attitude. She looked a little stiff, but I think it might have been that headpiecee.

Birds of Paradise: Wasn't really a fan of this segment. Erin really stood out in a bad way. Maria closing was kind of awkward, the finger on her face looked like she was picking her nose. So happy to see JacJab out of Pink! She looked amazing.

Pink: I was expecting to hate this based on the looks alone. But after watching it, I feel like it was one of the stronger segments of the show. The performers didn't upstage the models, they let the girls shine, and I really like that. The song, I felt, fit the theme of the younger girls (except Jessica Hart but I have no idea why she was stuck in Pink, she stuck out in a bad way to me.) Each of the girls really brought personality and fun to it (CBN might have been an exception but she tried after she started posing), and I thought they all had really great walks. Standouts for me in this segment were Ieva (I loved that opening!), Ming Xi, Sara, and Jac. Also Valentino waving the little pink light. Enough said.

Snow Angels: I don't think there was a look in this segment I didn't love. I can forgive the bad music just because I loved this segment so much. Constance looked absolutely amazing! Toni's pose at the end before she smiled was such a diva move, but in the best way. By the time Maryna walked out, I was hoping someone would push Taylor off the runway, but then got distracted by how flawless and fierce Maryna is. Adriana looks so good in white. And Magda closing and completely ignoring Taylor with that strut and flick of her cape was truly a moment to remember.

Overall, I have to admit I was very impressed as I had low expectations to begin with. Lily's walk has certainly improved, girls I usually wouldn't like grew on me considerably.

I actually really loved Izabel, she was so over the top but it was needed for some excitement really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->