1. Server maintenance is scheduled for today (8/15/2020) between 11 AM and 2 PM Eastern Time (ET). The site will go down for 15-20 minutes. We'll try to get it done before noon. Thank you for your understanding.
    Dismiss Notice

Vogue Italia September 2014 by Steven Meisel

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Flashbang, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Ochi Chernye

Ochi Chernye Active Member

What happened between Meisel and Daria? :huh:

2. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

Meisel is a shady bitch!

3. AD011620

AD011620 Well-Known Member

in that case the models shouldn't have been just Meisel's favs... I don't think anyone would refuse working with him if he asked... he is basically everything... the photographer, cast director, editor (sorry Franca but let's face it)...

#223 AD011620, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by moderator : Aug 29, 2014
  4. Luxx

Luxx oh me, oh my

Logistics play a big role in things like these. As much as I'm sure Meisel's input is important it would definitely also be about who is available, whose schedule works with this and who feels right for the cover. Even though there are probably people they didn't go with due to preference, I'm sure there were some who just weren't available due to any of the normal things that could stand in the way of someone being able to appear in a story.

I think their selection was really great considering the amount of work it must have taken to get all these women into a sitting. Major kudos to whomever handled the production on this because they did a great job pulling it all together.

#224 Luxx, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by moderator : Aug 29, 2014
  5. la veronika

la veronika Member

I wonder that too.

6. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

OMG. I knew there would be a lot about casting, but 15pages .....
    And nobody is surprised Kristen McK isn't there ? Yet, she had some iconic covers.

Linda isn't what she used to be. Too much scalp actions on her.
    Edie C. is really growing on me (as is Lily Boukobza). Now that I see her near Karen, their "career" look similar. Edgy girls (let's be honest Karen when she started wasn't the "model material". Even Gianni didn't want her to walk his shows - he only casted her because of Donatella's crush on her)...

and indeed it must be a pain in the a## to cast all these girls. and please all their needs.

I've noticed people really like group shots here. And the supermodels come-back is on for like 5yrs now... Even more. Isn't it time to put an end to this ? I always wonder why some made it back, and some not (where is Yasmin G ? Natalia Semanova ?????)

#226 BerlinRocks, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by moderator Socrates: Aug 29, 2014
  7. AD011620

she's completely retired from fashion... she has a different surname nowadays...

8. KKnardi

KKnardi Active Member

^Agree on Linda... she just looks very "done"... Miss Kristen McK as well.

I love that Rianne van Rompaey is on the cover, she's really beautiful!

But mostly elise crombez!!!!!!!!!!! brings back so many memories!! To me she's better than some of the "gracefully" aging beauties featured here.

also... just out annoyance: Naomi Campbell... ugh please feature here everywhere.

9. AD011620

I think that was Stella Tennant... I believe Karen made it big thanks to Lagerfeld who cast her for Chanel... I don't dislike Eddie either... she is definitely over-hyped but that's ok in the fashion world...

10. AD011620

to be honest, I was also expecting Eva Herzigova on this cover... Meisel worked with her a bit recently... she even graced the cover once... and in the 90ies she did some great editorial work (not with Meisel but I guess that doesn't count)...

Not having Kristen is super bizarre... I hope they haven't fell out bcos I love when they work together...

11. orchidee

orchidee Active Member

Kristen's absence is very strange indeed. She hasn't really done any work this year so perhaps she's just taking a serious break?

I'm also a little surprised Anna Jagodzinska wasn't included. She was definitely a Meisel favorite for a little while. I guess they wanted a mix of his muses and girls of the moment as opposed to just using his favorites.

12. justaguy

justaguy Well-Known Member

Seriously bummed, Kristen McMenamy, isn't anywhere to be found. I wasn't expecting to see Yasmeen but still a bit disappointed she's not here either.

13. taurusangel

taurusangel Member

Wow. Wow. WOW! I am so overwhelmed by this cover! This is actually so AMAZING!!! Yes, there are DEFINITELY certain models that should have been featured in this, but nevertheless, it is so nice to see a lot of my old favourites, with this issue definitely having that nostalgic element. :heart::heart::heart:
    I am VERY VERY MUCH looking forward to purchasing this when I go to Europe this September!!!!!! So glad it's this issue, the timing couldn't be more perfect!!!!!!!! :buzz::clap::bounce::wub::crush:

Does anyone know when this issue is coming out in Rome or Paris? :flower:

14. crosidan

crosidan Member

this cover is testament to just how keen the eye of a career model scout is. to imagine that all these women were once not in front of steven meisel's camera, or any other renowned fashion photag's, and were not as fully formed as they are now is astounding; they make it look easy.

best cover of the year

15. JoCaderone

JoCaderone New Member

so no video this time?

16. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

vogue.it

17. Polevshchikova

Polevshchikova New Member

This is Epic!! i'm really Happy for Natasha scoring his first VI Cover and also for Stam, Elise,Julia s, and Sasha; some of the choices are really random but overall the cover and the editorial are amazing! can't wait to buy this, definitely something for the history.

18. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

It has to be a video.

19. miguelalmeida

miguelalmeida Active Member

The cover story for September isn't up on vogue.it website until now! I think they will publish the cover story, ed and video tomorrow morning! :flower:

20. angel222

angel222 Active Member

not having gisele basically nullifies the status of who the important models were for the last 15 years, also doutzen as somebody mentioned isn't there, what about Frankie Rayder or Angela Lindvall? kate moss?

this is someones own pet list of models and who knows maybe some models didn't want to be in a group shot