Vogue Italia September 2014 by Steven Meisel

Thank you burbuja8910! Do you have the other editorials as well?:flower:

Didn't expect the cover story to look like that but I think it's fantastic. I love the energy , the impression of movement is amazing. the simplicity of the editorial reminds me of classic Meisel stories like January 2002. You can tell this man loves his models by the beauty of these portraits. Absolutely stunning.

The main ed is quintessential Meisel. Love everything about it. I was so eager to get it that I made my order on newsstand.co.uk today! :lol:

Quite an odd choice of models for the cover spread...Miranda Kerr, really?!
It's a cool cover but nothing particularly groundbreaking, I like the aesthetic effect of course, it's all very tasteful, but somewhat vacuous.

Vogue Italia is simply awful in terms of written content, i would dare say probably the worst from all Vogues in that area, so i probably won't buy this issue, but i've got to say that the Mariacarla feature is probably my favourite ed of the year.

i have to get this solely for the main edit. I mean each girl is holds her own in the editorial. The casting in the editorial is much more appreciated in separate shots. :heart:

Love this cover and the main ed; all the girls look AMAZING! Mariacarla's ed though...now that's pure beauty. I wish they would have added some established and semi-established models like Kasia Struss, Zuzanna Bijoch, Bette Franke, Grace Mahary, Imaan Hammam, Ji Hye Park, etc. though. Overall, really impressed.

Naomi's solo shot looks exactly like her Black Issue cover. Otherwise, this is a MUST HAVE issue!

Wish there was more of Christy! I actually think this is a pretty boring cover. It's like Meisel knew that people would be happy with the model choices, so he didn't even need to do something half interesting.

Oh dear. Is this Istagram does Sepia filter? Am I the only one bothered by the out of focus, poor image quality of the cover/editorial photos?

It seems as if the models were just thrown into the frame willy nilly without much consideration for the overall composition and complimentary model interactions and groupings. nor did they bother highlighting and creating a sense of desire for the fall collection clothes they're supposedly trying to sell.

And why are the ladies brooding and not a single one cracking a smile. this shoot brought together industry favorites and fellow models from across the generations. where is the sense of camaraderie or the celebratory anniversary spirit?

At first glance I thought they'd snuck in a reprint image of Naomi!
ku-medium.jpg

source: acontrolledsubstance.com/ glossynewsstand.com

The Sarah Moon/ Patti Wilson editorial is the standout in this issue.

LOVE Sophisticated Lady!! What a wonderful surprise seeing the work of Sarah Moon and not to mention Patti Wilson!

Will definitely be picking this issue up!

Oh dear. Is this Istagram does Sepia filter? Am I the only one bothered by the out of focus, poor image quality of the cover/editorial photos?

It seems as if the models were just thrown into the frame willy nilly without much consideration for the overall composition and complimentary model interactions and groupings. nor did they bother highlighting and creating a sense of desire for the fall collection clothes they're supposedly trying to sell.

And why are the ladies brooding and not a single one cracking a smile. this shoot brought together industry favorites and fellow models from across the generations. where is the sense of camaraderie or the celebratory anniversary spirit?

The Sarah Moon/ Patti Wilson editorial is the standout in this issue.

I'm bothered also. My eyes don't know where to go and I find myself squinting. :blink: Great concept though.

Not getting the hype at all. Predictable and boring to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->