Pirelli Calendar 2011 by Karl Lagerfeld [No images from the calendar allowed]

I know, I feel like by now there would have at least been a magazine with some behind the scenes photos. maybe we have to wait for more november issues to surface, especially vanity fair italy

The calendar 2011 will be launched on 30 november in Moscow.

A documentary of the history of iconic Pirelli Cal (from 1964 to 2010) will be on french tv channel Paris Premiere on november 13, realized by Emmanuel le Ber.

msn.it

i found this description, don't know how much reliable it is..

Baptiste Giabiconi will interpret Jove, the Roman king of the gods, as a sort of magnetic sun adored by brightening stars (to be right, a Giabiconi’s male colleague will appear; but as a supporting god, Bacchus, the god of wine, similar to the Greek Dionysus).

fashioncopious

^ Well, OK- just as long as we don't end up with lots of naked guys and none of the signature babes!! :shock: :lol:

In fact, the usual cast of supermodels and celebrities (in this issue, Isabeli Fontana, Heidi Mount, Natasha Poly, Magdalena Frackowiak, Bianca Balti, Lara Stone and Julianne Moore) will surround the male French model Baptiste Giabiconi, favourite face of the 77 year old artist.
fashioncopious

i have a feeling is gonna be all about the girls surrounding babtiste when he's like in silk or chiffon blankets and there all completely naked...

Some people like Baptiste,
I don't follow his career but I sure some pics could work with him.

since the rule is this one.....

Please do not post versions of the calendar photographs in this thread. You may post links to other websites with images of the calendar, but at the direct request of Pirelli, do not post any on tFS. Thank you.

i'm posting the first link that launches the new Pirelli calendar!!!

pic starring Isabeli, a super beautiful male model and Bianca Balti!

:buzz:

Last edited by a moderator:
The picture is gorgeous (the models look uh-mazing!) and I think the concept is great and am looking forward to it, but I wonder how the calendar will be received by Pirelli's "high-value / special" customers.

Elisa Sednaoui will accompany Karl Lagerfeld to Moscow later this month for the launch of the Pirelli calendar, which he lensed and she features in.

wwd.com

Oooh... so far I like it. At first I was a bit pessimistic, but so far this looks really great. I love how Isabeli's, Garret's and Biancia's strong chiseled noses and cheeks all complement each other. They look just like Greek statues! I like the theme too.

Baptiste's shot is hilarious :lol: Love the pictures so far, especially Erin W's and Elisa's.

Moscow - 30 Nov 2010 10:00 UTC
Presenting in Moscow the 2011 Calendar, “MYTHOLOGY”, created by Karl Lagerfeld

Moscow, 30 November 2010 – Today in Moscow, the 2011 Pirelli Calendar, now it its 38th edition, was presented to the world’s press and to other guests and collectors from around the world. The event was held at the prestigious Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko theatre, which has, over the course of more than 90 years, been the site of operas and ballets that have become a part of the nation’s artistic heritage.
After Patrick Demarchelier immortalised China in the 2008 edition, Peter Beard drew a portrait of Botswana in 2009, and Terry Richardson covered Brazil in 2010, “The Cal 2011” features the creative genius of the multi-faceted artist Karl Lagerfeld, whose sense for art and aesthetics is renowned throughout the world.
From his Paris studio, Lagerfeld created “Mythology”, a calendar that reflects one of his deepest passions, that of Greek and Roman mythology, tales of the origins of humanity told through the adventures of gods and goddesses, heroes and heroines. On a voyage back through time transported by the universal language of photography, “Mythology” takes us to the roots of classical civilisation and takes the Pirelli Calendar back to the Old World, where nearly 140 years ago a company was born that was to become a multinational organisation with operations in over 160 nations around the world.
The 36 photos that make up the 2011 Calendar show 24 different subjects, including gods, heroes and myths. With his keen eye, Lagerfeld has ‘sculpted’ these photos both in terms of their aesthetic rigour and for the recurring references to the art of sculpture and its classical tenets. All of the photos are in black and white, which lends character to the images, exalts the beauty of the figures represented in sharp chromatic contrast, and gives them a certain three-dimensionality through the careful use of light.
“Actresses and models bring these new heroes to life and depict a new concept of the beautiful,” said Karl Lagerfeld, who, within the 2011 Pirelli Calendar, has offered up an idyllic, immortal representation of beauty. Beauty, youth, the veneration of form, and desire depict this new concept of beauty and embody the modernity in mythology.
There are 21 protagonists of this edition: 15 female models, 5 male models, and the American actress Julianne Moore. The female models include: Italian models Bianca Balti and Elisa Sednaoui; Danish model Freja Beha Erichsen; Brazilian model Isabeli Fontana (also in the 2005 Calendar by Patrick Demarchelier and in the 2009 edition by Peter Beard); Polish models Magdalena Frackowiak and Anja Rubik; Australian model Abbey Lee Kershaw (who debuted in the 2010 Calendar by Terry Richardson); Indian model Lakshmi Menon; American models Heidi Mount and Erin Wasson (who debuted in the 2005 Calendar by Patrick Demarchelier); Russian model Natasha Poly; Dutch model Lara Stone and Canadian model Daria Werbowy (both of whom Peter Beard had also chosen for the 2009 Calendar); Austrian model Iris Strubegger; and Jamaican model Jeneil Williams. The 5 male models are Baptiste Giabiconi and Sébastien Jondeau (French), Brad Kroenig and Garret Neff (American), and Jake Davis (British).
Pirelli.com

Presentato il Calendario Pirelli 2011 (Moscow, 30/11/2010)
lastampa.it

30m5v20.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->