Project Runway Season 9

**spoiler** dont click if you don't want to see.

http://www.toofab.com/2011/09/09/pr...ilers-heidi-klum-jennifer-love-hewitt-photos/

:heart: Bert's collection.

With a bit of polishing, Olivier's work is akin to the current collections of Celine, Jil Sander, and Chloe.

Hopefully the show will get better from this point on. I feel like Olivier has a fantastic chance at making it to the finale, but he himself is getting on his own way. His minimalist style is up my alley.

How does it work with these decoy collections? Do the last person(s) who was voted of also have to make a whole collection? So basicly they also get to show a collection, just not on TV.

^pretty much. and I imagine their budget is not as extravagant as the final three's is. But still. Yes you get voted off and no money, but you still get to show a collection at NYFW. That's a pretty good deal

i thought oliver was going to win the team challenge, considering how much they all gushed over his beautifully made jacket. i like anya and her design, but it was kind of a weird and random win for her. i thought victor or oliver for sure.

josh gets on my nerves soooooo much! i feel for him over the loss of his mother (i know the feeling because the same thing happened to me), but i don't think he is emotionally ready for this kind of competition. one minute he's yelling and controlling and dictating and being so bitchy and mean and crazy, then he feels the need to apologize, which he should, it just doesn't seem like sane behavior. get it together, be more professional, and shut the hell up.

I was thinking the same thing. Why give the win to Anya when Oliver dominated the discussion? IMO i think they gave Anya the win for being more consistent than Oliver. Last week he was in the bottom and this week he made a good jacket. I don't think that deserves a win but there have been a lot of those from the bottom to the top wins.

I can speak from experience that I have wide variety of friends and some of them remind me of Josh. I personally find his over-the-topness amusing and the way he controls the group challenges (most preferably the becky-anya trio) was pretty smart. I do agree that he might not be in the best emotional state for a show like this but he's still in it.

Bert and Bryce need to go asap.

^As much as I dislike Bert... he probably will get in the top 3 for his "sell-able" aesthetic....
My prediction is Victor, Anya, Olivier, or Bert.

I took a look at the spoiler photos and my top picks are Kimberly, Anya and maybe Bert/Oliver. I'm leaning more towards Bert.

this season the characters are really not appealing or as creative as in the other seasons, so many of them need a reality check, they're not as skilful as they may think they are and really the winner won't be a great designer for sure this time (not that after Christian Siriano the show has produced another great winning designer anyways...) but it's nice to watch the show when I don't have anything else to do I guess.

they're really awful. the producers pick what would make for good TV, not people who are actually capable designers.

also I had no clue who that guest judge was.

they either stop bringing in celebrity guest judges for the sake of guest judges, or bring in real people from the fashion industry (like Suzy Menkes and designers like Kenneth Cole) when they can, and not have guest judges when they cannot find someone relevant to fashion.

^The only big Hollywood movie she's been in was Watchmen so if you haven't seen that then you wouldn't know :lol: But even if you did see Watchmen and still didn't know who she was I wouldn't be surprised because she looked completely different in the movie :P

Olivier seems to have some interesting concepts in his design (albeit, it's pretty static), but he really needs more time to work on his stuff.

I really didn't understand this episode's challenge. I mean, why the **** would a client pick a designer randomly? (Well, the designers chose the clients randomly, but you get the idea.) A client would choose a designer based on similar aesthetics and taste. I don't think Charlize Theron would ask Betsey Johnson or Jeremy Scott to make her a dress for the Oscars (unless Charlize decided to go crazy)

Also, Project Runway really needs to give these designers more time. I have NO idea why they want these designers to do so much in so little time. It makes the designs and clothes look bad... thus making the show look bad. (Which is probably why no one takes this show seriously any more... in a fashion aspect).

Seriously makes me wonder who the person that's coming up with these rules are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, Project Runway really needs to give these designers more time. I have NO idea why they want these designers to do so much in so little time. It makes the designs and clothes look bad... thus making the show look bad. (Which is probably why no one takes this show seriously any more... in a fashion aspect).

Seriously makes me wonder who the person that's coming up with these rules are.

i agree. i understand deadlines, but i think a big part of why we as viewers are so dissatisfied with the end results of many of the looks this season (as well as the last couple of seasons) is the fact that they just don't have enough time to really think and make it look better. that's why we haven't really seen anything innovative.

josh's design for his client was a funeral dress. that's all.

victor should have won. unlike some of the judges, i liked the overall styling and accessorizing of the look, i just don't think he should have been penalized for that.

The shorter challenges are probably a production decision to maximize drama (less time to rest means shorter tempers) and cut back on costs (if they give designers one day for challenges instead of two, the filming time will be half as long, which affects crew salaries and time they need to rent locations). The fact that the designers then start putting out crap is just an unfortunate side effect that TPTB apparently don't care about.

josh's design for his client was a funeral dress. that's all.

victor should have won. unlike some of the judges, i liked the overall styling and accessorizing of the look, i just don't think he should have been penalized for that.

Agree. Viktor's was more fasion forward than Josh's. This is the second time he's won where I don't agree with the judges.

Josh M to Anya "Feel my chest, it's going out of there!"

Button up that shirt.

I loooove Olivier hahaha he makes me rofl so much. His face just says it all.

Has anyone seem tonight's episode? I'm so sad that Olivier went home! Does anyone know where one can see more of Olivier's designs?

I'm not surprised he went home, but I'm kinda bummed too. I only liked his design once, and I kinda hated him at the beginning, but he grew on me and he at least put an effort to make somewhat interesting things. Also, I honestly didn't think his look was that bad. Definitely not worse than the other two in the bottom.

Also, is Bert the most overrated contestant in the history of PR? Maybe not, but he's Michael from last season all over again.

I think everybody failed this challenge...they all looked like hippies. and then it only got worse from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksonwreath
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->