Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

well that explains why Andi just stopped working. However, I'm not entirely convinced that it was such a one-sided deal. They mentioned Bella Hadid in that article - she was over the moon when she was told she'd be in the show. And she came back for more shows. If it was really as bad, she is one of the bigger names in the business to have said something and not fear retaliation of any sort. As far as I know, the only thing she even shaded against VS was when she did Rihanna's line and said she felt more liberated as a woman than any other show. And since it was a lingerie line from Rihanna, the natural comparison was VS.

well that explains why Andi just stopped working. However, I'm not entirely convinced that it was such a one-sided deal. They mentioned Bella Hadid in that article - she was over the moon when she was told she'd be in the show. And she came back for more shows. If it was really as bad, she is one of the bigger names in the business to have said something and not fear retaliation of any sort. As far as I know, the only thing she even shaded against VS was when she did Rihanna's line and said she felt more liberated as a woman than any other show. And since it was a lingerie line from Rihanna, the natural comparison was VS.
They mentioned that the Bella Hadid thing happened during a fitting at the 2018 show. Which was the last show VS had. It’s possible if they had a show in 2019 that she would have not gone.

The way I understand the part about Bella is that Ed said that but not to her. So maybe she didn't even hear it?
I also remember seeing that someone did a drawing of boobs next to Eniko's name during a casting. Probably Ed. It was a long time ago, though.

From what I understood from the Bella part it wasn't her saying it, it was someone else recounting what was said to Bella.

The way I understand the part about Bella is that Ed said that but not to her. So maybe she didn't even hear it?
I also remember seeing that someone did a drawing of boobs next to Eniko's name during a casting. Probably Ed. It was a long time ago, though.
I remember that! That was the other guy, I think his name was Jon. The Filipino guy.

Hmm... VS really is finally listening to their fans. New Spring Collection campaign starring first transgender model Valentina Sampaio, plus-size models Solange van Doorn and Candice Huffine, Former Angels (and age diverse) Helena Christensen and Daniela Pestova, and supermodel Joan Smalls, among others... and Helena shot the campaign as well!

Full model casting:
Barbara Palvin
Candice Huffine
Daniela Pestova
Grace Elizabeth
Helena Christensen
Jasmine Tookes
Joan Smalls
Lais Ribeiro
Romee Strijd
Solange van Doorn
Valentina Sampaio

(LOL @ them only using the Angels the fans like too. THEY’RE LISTENING!!! After ALL these years, they’re listening!)

Last edited:
This would've been epic maybe around 2 years ago. There's no recovering for this brand.
I'm so conflicted because I love the new direction that the company is going for their print ads....but LOL it is so unauthentic. The management is scrabbling to be 'inclusive' and 'diverse' but we all know its just a strategy for them to regain sales and their brand image.

Exactly, anyone who's paid attention can see through it. Ed says trans women can't be part of the "fantasy"...they hire a trans woman. They are criticised for not including different sizes...they hire plus-size models.
It seems like they are on social media 24/7 waiting to see what the next complaint is so they can fix it. Which isn't a bad thing per se but...as bluestar says, so unauthentic.

I believe that Ed is out of VS so it looks like they’re trying to recover from what VS did in the past.

At this point, I don’t really care what’s authentic- no commercial brand is authentic anymore. As long are there taking steps in the right direction- firing Ed, listening to consumers, diversity, etc.- I’m on board.

People will always complain. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Hardly. Sounds like the justifications Ed and all his mates at VS probably told themselves at night to excuse their professional behaviour. VS' marketing strategy was never some kind of slip up. It was very deliberate, and to be honest, the mental trauma they have likely inflicted on so many of their models will be permanent.

There is no going back for VS unfortunately, no matter how hard they try.

Hardly. Sounds like the justifications Ed and all his mates at VS probably told themselves at night to excuse their professional behaviour. VS' marketing strategy was never some kind of slip up. It was very deliberate, and to be honest, the mental trauma they have likely inflicted on so many of their models will be permanent.

There is no going back for VS unfortunately, no matter how hard they try.

Other companies have taken over their lane. They made huge mistakes years ago and it will be hard to recover because their products are dime a dozen for the prices. That includes the bath washes, lotions and perfumes. There are so many brands competing that lane at similar prices and doing it better now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->