Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

L Brands fires back after the buyer of Victoria’s Secret tries to pull out.
L Brands, the owner of Victoria’s Secret, shot back at the private equity firm that has been trying to terminate its acquisition of the retail chain

The effort on the part of the firm, Sycamore Partners, to end the deal because of the coronavirus outbreak is “invalid” and “pure gamesmanship” after it failed to renegotiate the price, L Brands said in a Delaware court filing on Thursday

The dispute has become the most prominent example of a buyer trying to back out of a deal because of the pandemic.

Sycamore said on Wednesday that L Brands had violated terms of its February transaction agreement and that a “material adverse effect” occurred because of the pandemic, allowing it to terminate the deal to buy 55 percent of Victoria’s Secret for about $525 million.

L Brands said on Thursday that when the deal was negotiated, “the world was already well aware of the existence of Covid-19, and the parties agreed that Sycamore would bear the risk of any adverse impacts stemming from such a pandemic.” The definition of a “material adverse effect” explicitly carved out impacts from pandemics, the company said.

The company called Sycamore’s stance “pure gamesmanship.” Sycamore sent L Brands a letter on April 13 saying that it wanted to renegotiate the purchase price and other terms of the deal because of the coronavirus outbreak, according to L Brands. When the company declined to renegotiate — because the agreement “expressly allocates the risk of pandemics to Sycamore” — the private equity firm sent a termination notice and filed the subsequent lawsuit, according to the filing.

Source: WSJ

This channel has some BTS and unedited versions of show, so far 2005 and 2010. You can really see the girls' walks.

My god, Akon was just an annoyance jumping all around lip syncing , GTFO of the way. Poor Anja.

Oh my goodness, I'm definitely going to watch both of these - thanks for sharing @CommanderTMugler! I wonder if these people got invites to more recent shows, as well, because I could definitely pinpoint some horrid catwalkers just from the taping alone and would love to see a full POV and not just random 0.2-second jump cuts :rofl:

I want the 2003 upload so bad. The ones currently posted have copyrights and music or footage heavily edited. I particularly live for the Glamazons segment where they remixed Evanascence's Bring Me to Life.

not sure how legit the infos are, but pretty reasonable to me

I've noticed Martha does no work for VS nowadays myself. Of course, the same goes for Behati... Wouldn't be surprised if Martha left - meanwhile, it's a no-brainer that Behati's officially gone.

Is this the case for Elsa Hosk also? She hasn't shot anything for VS for about a year and posted Gucci lingerie pics lately (she still follows the VS accounts though!).

Kinda sad that these expiring angel contracts aren’t even really a big deal anymore. Oh well.

Somehow, VS got Irina Shayk to work for them again. There’s previews going around of Irina & Joan (Smalls) being the new faces of the Bombshell fragrance.

Just out of curiosity I am wondering if the show is going to come back this year?

This was published in May but if anyone is interested ...

A Victoria’s Secret May Be Closing Near You

On Wednesday, L Brands announced its plans to permanently close a quarter of Victoria’s Secret and Pink stores, or around 250 locations across North America, in 2020.

It’s a large number that will likely put a lot of people out of work, but the lingerie giant is far from dead. As of the beginning of May, there were over 1,000 Victoria’s Secret and Pink locations across the U.S. and Canada.

Still, things certainly aren’t looking up. Victoria’s Secret was in a financial decline before the coronavirus pandemic hit, and the shutdown has only exacerbated its business woes. (L Brands’ total company sales declined 37 percent in the quarter that ended May 2.) Victoria’s Secret was also struggling internally and externally. In February, L Brands CEO Les Wexner, who has past ties to Jeffrey Epstein, stepped down. And in November of last year, Victoria’s Secret canceled its famous runway show, citing a drop in ratings.

Victoria’s Secret is not alone in its cost-saving actions right now. J.C. Penney, which filed for bankruptcy last week, plans to close more than 240 stores, and Nordstrom around 16. This is also not the end. In an earnings call on Wednesday, interim Victoria’s Secret CEO Stuart Burgdoerfer said he expects “a meaningful number of additional store closures” in 2021 and “probably a bit more” in 2022.

He did not disclose, however, which Victoria’s Secret and Pink stores the company plans to shutter.
thecut.com

A bunch of UK stores closed down, their business overall is shattering like there’s no tomorrow.

In terms of having a show this year, I’ve wondered the same thing. I’m sure COVID is limiting accessibility to go through the regular fitting sessions & collaborative designing... plus having a public model casting at this time in the heart of NYC sounds awfully dangerous to me. Wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->