Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 *Please see first post before posting*

Yeah I don't mind Adriana's accent and I don't think a majority of the public mind either (hence her big money jobs).. it actually I think helps add to her "exotic" appeal.. she is the antithesis of "girl next door"

That is an unbearably ignorant comment to make, I can’t quite get my head around it. :shock::o:blink:

Why should she have to learn perfect English to appease you or anyone else for that matter?

*sigh*

Reading comprehension - as always - is paramount in these kinds of situations. At no point did I say she HAD to learn perfect English in order to "appease me or anyone else". So calm your frazzled nerves, Bobby. :wink:

I merely wondered how it was possible that she hadn't already. At this point in her career. After a decade of being the main spokesmodel of an American company.
I know that if I were to move to Spain (for example) and get paid millions of dollars every year to be the main spokesmodel for a Spanish company ... and held that job for a decade ... I'd feel really insecure if I didn't speak Spanish as flawlessly as I possibly could. But evidently Adriana doesn't suffer from similar insecurities.

I'm not attacking her - I'm a big Adriana fan - and obviously her accent hasn't hindered her career. She's a legit supermodel. So cool down with your outsized reaction and see my post for what it was, not for what you're trying to find in it.

Some of the new girls are gorgeous! They should invite Blanca and Romee along with Taylor instead of Daniela. She looks really awkward. Grace is gorgeous as well.

The second walkers like Maria & Josephine made me think of being straight for a while. They're too amazing!

Oh and Doutzen-Joan dance backstage is much more memorable than Behati's opening. She is totally irrelevant!

Adriana should take speaking lessons from her fellow brazilian Alessandra, her english is so great.

And damn, was Lily akward as co-host

Even Monica is an awkward host. The whole thing was really awkward!

Monica is the worst of them all. She has such a stiff demeanor, every single year. Even in the casting vids she looks uncomfortable. Maybe she should stick to the off-camera stuff from now on.

Adriana should take speaking lessons from her fellow brazilian Alessandra, her english is so great.

I think you forget that Adriana and Alessandra are from different parts of Brazil. Alessandra is from the south of the country. Adriana, just like me, from Bahia, northeastern of Brazil... the accents are completely different and this influences a lot in English pronunciation. I see people talking a lot of bad things and judging Adriana because of her accent, but no one really stop to know where she grew up, where her native language is from.. or think Brazil is only one? And because Alessandra.. Gisele speak in a way, everyone here speak the same way?
Portuguese language is the same, but the accent of portuguese is different in every part of the country.

It seems like Magdalena F. couldn't give two sh!#ts about Taylor Swift during the Dream Girls Segment

Romee, she was.. she was perfection. Blanca needs to come back. She hit that pose in Dream Girls and she got it. She knew how to work it, she had the attitude!

Romee, she was.. she was perfection. Blanca needs to come back. She hit that pose in Dream Girls and she got it. She knew how to work it, she had the attitude!

AGREE! Both of them are much better in any way than that Stella girl!

Blanca, Imaan (that walk :woot:), Grace, and Romee were the newcomer highlights.
Sadly, Kate disappointed me in motion. She was very forgettable.

PINK seams to be the only segment that has stayed true to the VS runway formula. Its fun, its about the girls (no matter how awful the clothes are), and the music is usually fitting and runway appropriate

Last edited by a moderator:
hahahaha. that's awesome.

she just kicked it off and that was that.

love it.

That right there was the sign of a pro. No fussing over a hat that won't stay on almost delaying the segment, just roll with it and keep it cute. Work, sis!

I literally watch that video like a billion times before and I've never realized her garter lol.

I need the copyright stuff to be lifted, because I have been jamming to that remix for the Gilded Angels segment, and everything on youtube is slowed down to avoid the copyright!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->