Designers and their Love Lives #2

:shock: congrats, I guess :P

Fashion's unlikeliest couple: Designer Giles Deacon said to be dating fearsome Game of Thrones star, Gwendoline Christie
  • Christie, 33, plays warrior Brienne of Tarth in the hit HBO series
  • She and Deacon, 43, are believed to have been dating since the New Year
She spends her working day swinging a sword around and terrifying every man in the vicinity. He designs dresses.
But that hasn't stopped Game of Thrones star Gwendoline Christie and designer Giles Deacon from becoming an unlikely twosome.
The pair are believed to have met on New Year's Eve and have since enjoyed several dates, according to Grazia Daily, including a foray to the Elle Style Awards, where the couple larked around with Deacon's designer friends, Henry Holland and Jonathan Saunders.

Following stints as a professional gymnast and artists' model, 6ft Christie shot to fame when she took on the role of Brienne of Tarth in HBO's Game of Thrones.

more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Game-Thrones-actress-Gwendoline-Christie.html

He dated Katie Grand at one point, I know they're still good friends and Katie still styles his shows.

married? i think you might be confusing giles with christopher bailey. bailey is the one that just married.

but no,deacon has actually dated some very prominent women. he's dated musician beth orton and model sophie dahl as well. and btw,if he has dated men,so what? not everybody has to fall under a particular category.

no, I'm just embarrassed that I made such a judgement myself, nothing to do with the thought of being gay or straight. don't take it too serious. I know Katie's been a big support for Giles but don't know they dated each other before, interesting.

anyone know who Haider Ackermann's significant other is that he's mentioned obliquely in a few interviews?

do you mean the photo they kissed? I think that's some dare or truth game.

married? i think you might be confusing giles with christopher bailey. bailey is the one that just married.

but no,deacon has actually dated some very prominent women. he's dated musician beth orton and model sophie dahl as well. and btw,if he has dated men,so what? not everybody has to fall under a particular category.

Giles has always given me a stud vibe, ever since I first found out about him and Katie Grand. Seems like he did something well for her to be still supporting him long after their break-up. Maybe they're just good friends...

well there's a fairly huge story running all over the gossip sites right now about Kanye and Riccardo Tisci. it was started by InTouch magazine and is the COVER STORY of this weeks issue. "Kim's great fear is true: Kanye is Gay!"

jesus christ these people who write these articles are IDIOTS.

this InTouch article didn't include ONE legitimate source. "online commentators" was one of them. um ... !??? THAT'S US. lmaooooo!!! we're reliable sources now?! wt****?

and the bit about Tisci buying an apartment "within half a mile from Kanye's in SoHo". hahahahaaa!!! EVERY SINGLE CELEBRITY who lives south of 34th street in Manhattan lives within half a mile of Kanye. that's the most ludicrous thing i've ever read. probably 100 different celebrities bought a property within a half mile of Kanye in the past year. i mean, COME ON, InTouch.

i'm not saying that it's not true - i'm just pointing out how tragically low our standards for reporting have become. it's unbelievable and they should be ashamed.

not to mention how blatantly homophobic the whole article is. it's basically propagating the myth that straight guys can't have gay friends or they must be gay too. seriously, it's like, "hey women - if your guy is friends with a gay dude, your WORST FEAR is probably true - HE'S GAY!" **** off InTouch.

Agree it's ridiculous. I think if Kanye were gay, he'd be shouting from the housetops that being gay is the best thing since sliced bread. (Not saying it's not ...) He would be jumping up onstage questioning why a gay person didn't get the award :lol: My understanding is that Riccardo consults on his line, so they work together. It's also clear from the statement/interview Riccardo made about Kim's rose dress he designed that he is close to both of them ... he also mentioned that he's looking forward to the baby being born. He sounded genuinely warm toward all of them.

yeah, and that's the worst thing of all --- assuming that Kanye and Riccardo are just close friends, how strained will this news make their relationship? Kanye will feel massive pressure anytime he hangs out with Riccardo, because the papparazzi and the press will run with it as proof of their alleged romance. it's just incredibly offensive and unfair.

Well, because it is Kanye we're talking about, I think it's safe to say he can handle himself against the rumor mongers. I wouldn't be concerned about him.

So I went to Buzzfeed this morning and saw a picture of Roberto Cavalli with a much younger woman who is not Eva. That girl is Lina Nilson.

Wtf.

Excuse me for being ignorant of designers' personal lives but I have no idea of what happened to Robero and Eva?????

They still work together but I think they've been separated for awhile now. Couple years actually IIRC.

^ Oh thanks. That's sad.... their love story was great.

I still can't get over those pictures of Roberto and his new girl though--simply gross. :yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->